Your document is edited and formatted – you are just about ready to publish!
Now your document needs a final once-over to correct both small and large issues that may have fallen through the cracks.
- spelling, grammar, punctuation, and typographical errors
- correct formatting errors – wrong font, page numbering, image captions, headers, page breaks, and consistency.
- ensure all materials are complete (headings, captions, links, image and text consistency, cross-references)
Your draft’s content and structure are ready! Readability is the key to keeping your readers attention.
A line and copy edit is an essential step to smooth and refine language, and improve the flow of ideas – all while preserving your unique voice.
- improve word choices to convey your ideas to your intended audience
- revise sentences & paragraphs to improve flow, and reduce wordiness
improve paragraph construction – clarify meaning, adjust length based on audience, introduce effective topic sentences.
Your book is ready to publish! Do you need an index?
A great index will focus on key concepts and help your reader easily navigate your book.
Samples of my indexing work
East Coast Nature, Jeffrey C. Domm
Unsung Heroes of the Canadian Army, Cynthia J. Faryon
John Lennon, Yoko Ono and the Year Canada was Cool, Greg Marquis
The Green Door restaurant vegetarian cookbook (2009) unpublished