Your document is edited and formatted – you are just about ready to publish!
Now your document needs a final once-over to correct both small and large issues that may have fallen through the cracks.
- spelling, grammar, punctuation, and typographical errors
- correct formatting errors – wrong font, page numbering, image captions, headers, page breaks, and consistency.
- ensure all materials are complete (headings, captions, links, image and text consistency, cross-references)
Your draft’s content and structure are ready! Readability is the key to keeping your readers attention.
A line and copy edit is an essential step to smooth and refine language, and improve the flow of ideas – all while preserving your unique voice.
- improve word choices to convey your ideas to your intended audience
- revise sentences & paragraphs to improve flow, and reduce wordiness
improve paragraph construction – clarify meaning, adjust length based on audience, introduce effective topic sentences.
Your book is ready to publish! Do you need an index?
A great index will focus on key concepts and help your reader easily navigate your book.
Indexers carefully comb through a book page by page creating entries using specialized software.