My editing and indexing work is enhanced by my interests, experience, and creative pursuits.
- Cookbooks, recipes – vegan, vegetarian, and food allergies.
- knitting and crochet
- leather and jewelry crafts
- art – drawing, painting, digital art, mixed media, bookbinding
- sewing and fibre arts
- nature, gardening, green living, natural health, alternative construction
- animal care and grooming
- genealogy, family history memoirs
- parenting and homeschooling
I’m a graduate of Simon Fraser university’s copy editing program, and an active member of Editors Canada and the Indexing Society of Canada.
- Indexing: Theory and Application, University of Berkeley
- Culinary Indexing, ASI
- Cookbook and Recipe Editing, Toronto Metropolitan University.
- From Pastas to Proofreads: Cookbook editing with Meredith Dees & Michelle C. Meade. (webinar, Editors Canada)
- Introduction to Technical Editing for Craft Patterns (webinar, Editors Canada 2022)
- Copyediting II with Moira White (Editors Canada 2021)
- Editors Canada conference (2018, 2021)
- Indexers Society of Canada conference (2021, 2022)
- American Society of Indexers conference (2021, 2022)
- ISC/SCI — managing editor, Bulletin newsletter (2020 to present).
- Culinary Historians of Canada — proofreader, Digestible Bits & Bites newsletter (2020 to present).
- Editors Canada — proofreader, Active Voice (2018)
My editing experience includes cookbooks, culinary newsletters, online scientific journals, memoirs, newsletters, corporate proposals, user documentation, instructional manuals, workplace arbitration reports, websites & blogs, lesson plans.